For the past 11 year the Port St. John and Titusville Girl Scouts have been providing Holiday Dinner Bags for the people that are served by Housing for Homeless Organization here in Titusville. This great service project is appreciated by the people who live in this community. The people who live at and near the Victory Village Facility are disabled veterans that were once homeless. We hope that you can support this project where we need to fill at least 32 bags for the different families. The residence hold from 1 to 5 adults or 3 adults and 2 or 3 children. The tenant list is very dynamic and changes daily. I am working on getting funds to purchase turkeys for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
You wonder what’s in the bag… Well anything that you would typically eat for dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have the girls create the menu and purchase the items to put in your bag. You can get a paper bags from Publix or Winn Dixie (This way you can decorate the blank side of the bag) or use a reusable bag. The delivery days will be the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and Christmas starting at 5:00pm.
1. What ever the girls like to eat for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner or
2. White Potatoes (fresh or instant)
3. Sweet Potatoes (fresh or can)
4. Vegetables (corn, green beans…)
5. Desert (Pie, cookies or cake)
6. Something to drink (tea, coffee, or soda)
9. Cooking pan ( to hold up to a 15lb turkey, most will be 10lbs)
10. Spices to season the turkey
12. At Christmas time you can include a small gift
13. Hand made cards